Pancake-World.com Terms & Conditions
All web based items:
1) All prices are subject to the addition of VAT at the standard rate.
2) Offers available are subject to stock availability
3) All prices are appropriate at the time of creation and are subject to change without prior notice
4) All orders attract delivery charges depending on location
5) Overnight deliveries and special deliveries are available on most products, prices are upon application
6) All warranties provided with the equipment are operated and controlled by the manufacturer or master UK distributor not Pancake World and responsibility for these warranties is held with them and only applicable to mainland UK (this does not affect your statutory rights).
7) Delivery will be advised at the time of order
8) Where not specified installation can be quoted subject to product and customer location
9) Delivery as standard is a kerb side delivery to a ground floor site. In most cases this will be between the hours of 8.30am and 6pm (This does not include unpackaging and positioning)
10) It is the customers responsibility to ensure all items will fit onto the premises. Please check all entry door dimensions to ensure the product will fit onto site. Any charges caused by an aborted delivery due to this will be passed onto the customer.
11) Any refused delivery charges from suppliers will be passed onto the customer where appropriate
12) Any products incorrectly ordered by the customer will incur a re-stocking charge, however goods can only be returned if unused and in the original packaging.
13) Notification of any goods that need to be returned or any damages must be reported within the first twenty four hours after delivery, any products that are damaged but were not signed for as damaged will not be able to be claimed for. Please check all deliveries thoroughly before signing for them to make sure all products are okay before accepting delivery.
14) Any special order items that are direct from the manufacturer cannot be cancelled or returned once ordered.
15) All items carry a minimum of one year parts warranty unless otherwise stated, this warranty where applicable is the manufacturer’s warranty.
16) All images are for illustration purposes and design may differ slightly from the delivered product
17) Pancake World Ltd cannot be held responsible for any costs/damage or loss of earnings due to any equipment being supplied faulty/damaged/developing a fault or deliveries failing/being delayed.
18) Returns of gas or electric equipment:
Returns and Cancellations
-All returns are subject to authorisation by Pancake World Ltd.
-All faulty items must be notified to the sales office within twenty four (24) hours of the delivery and will need written description of the fault coupled with supporting evidences when possible (a couple of photographs etc.).
-All unwanted items must be notified to the sales office within seven (7) days of the delivery and will need written confirmation of the above points by the client.
-Any unwanted goods to be returned must be unused and still in their original packaging, ready for resale. We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee if the packaging condition do not allow us to re-sell the goods at their original value.
-All non-faulty gas or electric equipment are subject to a 10% re-stocking fee. We also reserve the right to increase this fee if the packaging condition do not allow us to re-sell the goods at their original value.
-The cost of returning any unwanted item back to us is entirely at the customer’s charge.
-The cost of returning any faulty item back to us is also at the customer’s charge, however it will be refunded if the item is proven faulty after inspection by our engineers (the same goes for the eventual repairs on gas or electric equipment, as we only operate a ‘back-to base’ warranty).You will then be asked if you wish a replacement item or a refund.
-Anyvan.co.uk and interparcel.com are two goods websites to use if you are looking at shipping goods back to us at low cost.
-You may normally cancel your purchase prior to the item being delivered subject to that item not having been dispatched. If an item has been dispatched there will be a cancellation fee to cover relevant carriage fees.
-Please ensure all deliveries are checked at the time of delivery as any damaged goods that are not signed for as being so may not be able to be claimed for. Please remember it is your responsibility to check all deliveries at the point of delivery not after!
19) In the event of a broken bag, we will only refund the bag upon receiving photographic proof of this. We know from our previous experience that the bags contents are mostly usable even in the event of a rip. ( only about 10% of the mix leaks ) and is not usually substantial enough to reimburse a whole bag. We will decide at our own discretion whether or not your purchase will qualify for a replacement. ( A photo must be presented in all cases )
20) It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of all current legislation regarding catering equipment and its application/installation, Pancake World Ltd cannot be held responsible for any problems/costs arising from non-awareness. If there is anything you are unsure of or require clarifying please contact the sales office.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By using this site you agree to these terms and conditions.
This website is owned by Pancake World Ltd
Whilst Pancake World Ltd has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the contents of this website; some information has been supplied by third parties and is reproduced in good faith. Pancake World Ltd disclaims (to the extent permitted by law) all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information supplied by third parties or for apparent errors and omissions. Although Pancake World Ltd chooses content providers and advertisers carefully so has no control over some of the content (such as advertising). If however, you do see anything that offends please contact us and Pancake World Ltd will attempt to rectify the problem.
Any information found on this website is intended for guidance only. Pancake World Ltd excludes all liability (to the extent permitted by law) for any reliance upon any information contained within this website.
Trademarks, patents etc.:
Names, products, designs, information and technology described on this website are widely protected by trademarks, patents, design rights etc. Unauthorised use of the same may lead to infringement.
Pancake World Ltd does not guarantee that use of this website will be compatible with all hardware and software that may be used by visitors to the site. Pancake World Ltd will not be liable for damage to, or viruses that may affect, your computer equipment, software, data or other property as the result of your access to, use of or browsing of this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images.
This website does contain links to other websites. Pancake World Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of websites that are not under its strict control.
Data Protection / Privacy:
Pancake World Ltd highly values the privacy of all personal information for our customers. We will not knowingly pass on any details we hold on customers or web site visitors to any third parties. We protect the privacy of this personal information using our highly secure, password-protected servers.
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services such as use of our store. In each case we will use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to receive. Pancake World Ltd may also use this information for our own promotion such as direct mailing, email and other form of contact. However, if you do not wish for your details to be held on record and used in this manner you may contact us in writing to the registered office at the address above and ask for your details to be removed.
When processing an order, we require the details of the credit/debit card to be used in payment (unless using an offline method of payment) as well as a delivery and billing address, e-mail address and contact number. All information is collected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the Web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics, which we use to evaluate use of the site.
Law & Jurisdiction:
Any disputes arising in connection with the use of this website will be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Copyright in the site (its text, graphics, design layout, look, appearance, etc) remains the property of Pancake World Ltd. You have the right to view this site and copy to cache for personal reference by yourself only. You are not granted any other rights. Pancake World Ltd reserves all other rights. Unauthorised copying of any part of this site constitutes a breach of copyright.
These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights.
Trading Name of Pancake World Ltd
19 Fairfield Crescent, Llantwit Major CF61 2XJ
Co. Reg 8353891
VAT. 155 8244 95
Further Terms and Conditions for Web Sales
Looking after our customers
Our terms and conditions comply with UK legislation, including the Distance Selling Regulations and are designed to ensure that all of our customers can shop easily and with confidence. Please print and keep a copy for reference.
All prices are in £ sterling and exclusive of VAT and delivery. You may pay by any major credit card or debit card. Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change and any savings shown are based on the manufacturers list price.
Accepting orders and security
When you place an order we will treat it as an offer to buy. We will send a confirmation e-mail with your order number, at which point we make a legal contract with you. However, we will be entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary, in which case we will e-mail you as soon as we can to let you know.
In deciding whether to accept your order we may use the information you have given to us, or we already hold about you, to confirm your identity. This assists us to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions.
If we decline your offer on security grounds we may contact you to seek an alternative payment method or to advise you of the location of your nearest store.
To order a product there is a minimum age requirement of 16 years, by ordering you confirm you are of the required age.
All deliveries must be signed for and you should keep your receipt, any damaged goods must be signed for as damaged. Any goods signed for as undamaged will not be able to be claimed for. We will do everything we can to meet delivery times described in that section, delivery times may be affected by factors beyond our control and therefore cannot be guaranteed and are subject to location and stock availability.
All spare parts are special order items and are therefore non returnable. If a spare part is believed to be faulty we will require a detailed engineers report explaining the fault as well as full details of the qualified engineer that installed the part itself, confirming that they were qualified to work on the piece of equipment and the part itself. We will also need details of when the part was fitted and when it failed. Any spare parts that are delivered damaged must be reported within 24 hours of receipt.
Cancellations and Returns
As a equipment supplier to the trade and public, all returns are subject to authorisation by Pancake World Ltd and are potentially subject to a re-stocking fee. All returns are subject to authorisation by Pancake World Ltd and the manufacturer. Any goods to be returned must be unused and still in the original packaging. Any goods not meeting these criteria will not be able to be returned. In all cases when an item is returned there will be a re-stocking charge (amount to be confirmed at time of return) and all returns must be notified within twenty four hours of the delivery and will need written confirmation of the above points by the client. If any of these points are not met the item will not be able to be returned. You may normally cancel your purchase prior to the item being delivered subject to that item not having been dispatched. There may however be a cancellation fee in some cases.
Faulty Products & Warranties
Faulty products will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty supplied with the item via the manufacturer or master UK distributor not Pancake World Ltd. Responsibility for this warranty is held with the manufacturer or master UK distributor though this does not affect your statutory rights. In this instance a repair of the item will take place by the manufacturer or authorised agent of the manufacturer. Any call outs that are caused by user error or misuse will be chargeable to the customer. All labour warranties are only applicable for mainland UK and any other sites outside of this will only receive a parts only warranty.
Sales on the web site are governed by English law and you agree to submit any dispute to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. All orders are subject to these terms and conditions and no amendments will be accepted by us. These terms and conditions only cover the web site. Any links within this site to other web sites are not covered by this policy and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content of the web sites which are not under our control.
These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights